A Journey into my mind, where I will write about everything I think about: whether is be politics, science, interests, hobbies, working out, my job, love, boredom, confusion, ect.

Hold onto your mouse, it's going to be a wild ride...

Friday, December 31, 2010

The Importance of Directions


This evening, I drove myself and two of my best friends from Vero to Titusville for an evening of fun!

Our plan was to drive from here to a Chinese Buffet in Titusville, then drive to the Kennedy Space Center to see TRON Legacy in IMAX, then drive back home. I printed out directions for each section of the excursion.

The drive to the restaurant was flawless, the directions were perfect. After eating dinner, I began to drive to the KSC ... that's when trouble arrived.

Turns out my directions were flawed. It took me at least twice as long to find the way there, and that's ONLY because I stopped to ask for directions.

Afterwards, on the drive home, the directions were wrong again! Yet again, it took me twice as long because I had to use backroads just to get South. We had some nice scenic views, and we weren't really aggravated, but it would have been really bad kif we had to rush home for any reason.

So, after this experience, I've learned a few lessons:

* Print out more than one set of directions. Have directions for alternate routes, in case one doesn't work.

* Study the area. If I had known the roads, I wouldn't have gotten lost. But relying solely lon GoogleMaps got me into a bit of trouble.

* Ask for help! Really guys, it's okay! The people at the gas station were snickering at me a little bit, but who cares? It's not like I'll ever see them again.

Hopefully you learn from my mistakes and don't have such a hard time yourself!



Oh, and the movie was outstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment