A Journey into my mind, where I will write about everything I think about: whether is be politics, science, interests, hobbies, working out, my job, love, boredom, confusion, ect.

Hold onto your mouse, it's going to be a wild ride...

Saturday, January 1, 2011

AlterEgo - a game about life


Ever hear of a game called AterEgo? I didn't know of it until yesterday, but it's really a great game!

It's a text-based life-simulation game unlike others before. Sound odd yet? Keep reading.

It's not like other games at all. Basically, the jest of it is the following:
*the game begins before birth
*you choose your own gender - boy or girl
*as the game continues, you decide what you do
*each action you choose has a direct reaction to your game character
*you go throughout an entire life time

The game is really unique because YOU are making decisions for this "person" from infancy until death. You decide what type of attitude / values it has. You decide what job to get, when, how to go about the career. You decide if/when to start a family, and how large to make it.

I enjoy this game because it really fills me with awe to think of an infant growing into a child, learning lessons, developing character, becoming a teen, growing through issues, becoming an adult, starting a family, and living through the repetitions of life.

So go ahead! Try it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment